Been using PyMol on OSX for a while now, I do a lot of python programming now so it's great to write scripts for (dino is also nice, but has a more tcl-like syntax).
Currently doing a PhD in structural bioinformatics at Glasgow University. I used to work on the TOPS project.
Scripts by me:
- Translate_And_Measure : Move and report distances.
- Bounding_Box : CGO box around a selection.
- Ellipsoid : Callback ellipsoids.
- Plane_Wizard : Wizard of the planes.
- ss : List secondary structures as "start-end type".
- iterate_sses : Advanced version of ss, allows user to pass a function to be applied to each sse.
- motif : Easy display of backbone motifs like nests and catgrips (or, of course, helices or strands). Also lists phi/psi.